Recreational Gymnastics Programs:
Beginner, Intermediate & Advanced Recreational Gymnastics Programs are designed for girls & boys ages 5 & up to learn a variety of gymnastics skills on all gymnastics apparatus including: Tumbling Floor, Vault, Balance Beam & Uneven Bars (plus Parallel Bars, High-Bar & Pommel Horse for boys). Gymnastics skills are acquired through progressions in our specialized curriculum and Big Cats has a wonderful program with talented and caring coaches to help your child set and reach attainable goals! Many of our recreational gymnasts go on to compete because of their love for the sport but it is certainly not required. Our recreational classes help to build self confidence, increase strength & flexibility and gain skills that can be used in many areas of life (including other sports!).
At the end of the season each recreational gymnast gets to create unique routines to show off to friends and family as they earn their medal or trophy for not giving up and for learning a wide variety of skills! We call it "Big Cats Show-Off's" and it is the highlight of the year!!
We currently offer the following recreational programs at Big Cats Gym:
- Parent & Toddler Classes, Ages 18 months to 2 years boys and girls,
- Pre-School Classes, Ages 3 & 4 year boys and girls,
- Beginner Girls Classes, Ages 5-12 years,
- Intermediate Girls Classes, Ages 5 & up,
- Beginner Tumbling (Floor tumbling only, no other equipment is worked), Ages 5-12 years,
- Intermediate to Advanced Tumbling (Floor tumbling only, no other equipment is worked & special prerequisites required), Ages 5 & up
- Beginner to Intermediate Boys Gymnastics Classes & Sports Conditioning Class, Ages 5-14